Monday, October 15, 2007

We´re better!!

Wow! We got to spend the last 2 days in copenhagen denmark and what a suprise! That city is absolutely awesome! The Christus, the actual one is just remarkable. I thinnk we sat in that church for about 2 hours just writing in our journals, admiring the beauty. It was the first Statue of Christ that we´ve seen this entire trip that has been uplifting. All the rest have been a huge crucifix and honestly kind of sickening! But the Lutherans sure got it right with that one! All of the apostles are always portrayed so beautifully, but for some reason they always make christ seem so helpless and pitiful. I don´t get it. but this was awesome.
We also got to go to the copenhagen temple, and oh how peaceful it was! And I think that both Alisha and I thought the same thing... It is so nice to be in a house specifically to worship, and not be distracted by all the gaudy and ornate figures and stuff everywhere. One of the thoughts that came to my mind as I was watching the baptisms take place, was how amazed I was at the similarity between our baptistries, and theirs of old. Yet the feelings are completely different. It made me wonder if the purpose of all the ornate pictures, gold, and statues wasn´t ment to try and describe the feelings that should be felt in their of the spirit with objects of beauty... just a thought, but it makes sense to me. Anways, if you haven´t recently, go to the temple and enjoy the quiet peacefulness and how it refreshes everything. Also think about those who have tried so hard and confused the spiritual beauty with the physical beauty. How blessed we are!
Well, today we spent in Munich! It has been such a fun city! Hard rock cafe, Hofbrau haus, neuschwanstein castle (cinderellas), and quartets on the street! It has been awesome! I wish I could show you the pictures I got of the castle, but I´m losing hope! It looks like it will have to wait untill we get home. SO FOR ALL THOSE WHO WANT AND ARE READING THIS... THURSDAY NIGHT WE WANT TO SHOW OFF OUR PICTURES!!! so tell us what zou think about that.
Well, we love you all and can´t wait to have you here with us soimeday!
S&A
p.s. Karen- thanks for all the comments! We love reading them and hearing feedback! Love you!

2 comments:

sherri said...

I am so glad you are better! Being sick is awful when you are traveling. Everything sounds so awesome. I can't wait to hear all about everything when you get back. Are you coming to Boise on Thursday when you get back? Your itinerary says Salt Lake, right?

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes! We would love to see your pictures. And hear all the stories you didn't have time to write about. Do you have to rush back to Rexburg right away, or are you going to spend a day or so in Boise before heading back? I know you will be ready to be home by then, but just wondering how much we get to see you. We can't wait!
This past week Toby turned three and Ryan and I celebrated eight years of marriage. Go Pflegers!