Friday, October 5, 2007

Out of Italy and loving it!

Hello Austria and Salzburg!
This place is sooo beautiful! Italy was a fun place don't get me wrong, there were lots of things to do and see, but it was not near as beautiful as austria is! We have only been here for a few hours, and it is magnificent! We drove through the swiss alps on the way, and stopped at the salt mines which give salzburg it's name (salz=salt). And they are fabulous! I can't wait to show you the pictures, whenever that may be... stay posted! It is a little weird adjusting to the new language, Alisha still says "Grazie" to all the people, and I say "Scuzie", but maybe someday we'll get it right.
Overall, Italy was incredible. Florence was my favorite place of all, but Alisha liked quiet small Ravenna. Most of you however I think would like Venice the best! We got to go on Gondola rides, the river's between peoples houses, Indiana Jones movie, it was so much fun! I think that the best part though was the glass palace! We would have loved to bring some venetian glass back for you all,,, but it was VERY expensive! Like one little teacup was about 80 Euro, which is like 115 American dollars! It is crazy! But we got to watch their master blow a vace, and a small horse, simply amazing! Anyways, we are really trying hard to find a place that will allow us to download pictures, we really have a bunch we want toi share. So once again, hopefully next time we will be able to do that!
We love you guys and miss you alot!
Wish you were here with us!
LOVE, S&A
p.s. Karen, I wish I had enough time to tell you about all the experiences with locals that we`ve had, but maybe you`ll have to remind me when we get home! There are simply too many! Just imagine a pack of 50 Americans who don`t speak a word of Italian walking down a small alley street! They Love us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'll look forward to hearing all your stories when you get home. I bet you'll have some doozies. In the meantime, blow kisses to everyone who hates tourists. :-)